Jason Hartman welcomes guest co-host/listener, Brandon, from Portland, Oregon as they discuss several things. First, a discussion of some of Jason’s recent book consumption including; Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler and Free: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson.
Next, Jason and Brandon analyze Peter Schiff’s most recent video criticizing Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and QE3 (Quantitative Easing). Peter has some things right and others wrong. As Jason has pointed out in so many prior episodes gold and silver are mediocre asset classes and shouldn’t really be considered ‘investments’ but rather defensive ways to save money, a way to store wealth and keep pace with inflation.
An investment is an OFFENSIVE tool, gold and silver are only defensive tools. The real way to profit is to exploit the next housing bubble.
Some of the questions covered in this episode are:
Abundance – Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
1. In what ways is the world getting better? It sure seems like there is a lot of negativity out there.
2. How will technology play a factor in providing “top tier” education to everyone on the planet as Diamandis & Kotler mention in the book?
Free – Chris Anderson
1. Chris Anderson mentions that some things can be too cheap to meter. What sort of goods is he referencing and what is the cause of this innovation?
2. How will the big companies like Microsoft compete with the free model?
3. Who wins with “free” – businesses or consumers?
4. Will we ever get to the point where almost everything in our lives is free?
Peter Schiff on QE3
1. Is the goal of QE3 to drive up asset prices? It seems to me that asset price increase in housing will only cause the illusion of wealth.
2. Why would QE3 work this time if it didn’t work before?
Episode: CW 278: The New Housing Bubble & Quantitative Easing 3 with Peter Schiff
Guest: Peter Schiff
iTunes: Stream Episode