Jason talks about property management then marketing success with Google Analytics expert Justin Cutroni who is Director of Digital Intelligence for WebShare an online marketing and analytics firm based in Phoenix. Justin is the author of Google Analytics published by O’Rielly, June 2010.
This book is for the advanced GA user. Knowing how users behave when they visit your website or use your web app matters a lot these days, as well as how they got there in the first place. Google Analytics makes it easy for you to learn precisely what’s happening. This practical guide shows you how this powerful and free tool works, and how you can configure it to meet the needs of your business. With Google Analytics, you’ll move far beyond basic features to learn advanced techniques such as event tracking, custom variables, and customer relationship management (CRM) integration.
You’ll delve into advanced configuration scenarios to help you gain more data for analysis and insights. This extremely useful resource for both developers and marketers also shows you how to supplement Google Analytics with add-ons and external tools when you want to dig even deeper.
• Get a thorough description of how the Google Analytics system works
• Learn how to configure the tools to measure the data most relevant to your needs
• Use best practices to determine how to get your setup correct the first time
• Get information about many different types of implementations
He is also the author of Performance Marketing with Google Analytics published by Wiley 2010. This book was written for those just getting started with web analytics and Google analytics. It’s for the beginner that needs to understand how to do a basic setup of GA and how to do basic analysis.
• Features in-depth examples and case studies on how to increase revenue from search advertising, optimize an existing website, prioritize channels and campaigns, access brand health and more
• Discusses how to communicate with a webmaster or developer to assist with installation
• Addresses Google’s conversion-oriented tools, including AdWords and AdSense, Google trends, Webmaster tools, search-based keyword tools, and more
• Touches on brand tracking studies, usability research, competitive analysis, and statistical tools
Episode: CW 179: Mastering Google Analytics with Justin Cutroni Director of Digital Intelligence for WebShare
Guest: Justin Cutroni
iTunes: Stream Episode